What exactly is a Chamber?
Would you be surprised to learn that the Wilmette/Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce is not a branch of either the Village of Wilmette or the Village of Kenilworth?
We’ll bet that you answered “yes!” It’s a common misconception. But in fact, the Chamber, a business association, is completely separate from the municipalities. The Chamber is self-funded by the dues paid by our members and from fundraising events. We are a 501C6 organization (not-for-profit, but non-charitable), which means we pay sales tax. We receive no public funds (other than dues paid by the Villages of Wilmette and Kenilworth, and lately, a PPP loan and BIG grant).
The Chamber promotes, supports, educates, and advocates for our members. We provide opportunities for our members to network and market themselves to the community.
More important to residents, the Chamber is responsible for many events and publications you have come to enjoy. Here’ are just some of the things we provide for the community:
- Summer Sizzle & Sidewalk Sale
- Linden Square Pumpkin Walk
- Kenilworth Mutt Strut
- Holiday Happenings & Tree Lighting
- Well-Fest (coming in Fall 2021)
- Downtown Wilmette Wine Walks
- Trick-or-Treating in Downtown Wilmette
- Annual Golf Outing
- The Official Guide to Wilmette & Kenilworth (including map)
- New Resident Welcome Bags
- Resident Gift Bags (coming soon)
We look forward to the time that we can again enjoy these events together. Until then, stay well and safe!